Thursday, March 8, 2012

Excel Project

I have to say, I'm not an Excel person.  I tried my best to make sure that I did that project correctly, and it took me about 4 hours to do.  I know that some people probably flew right through this, but I have to say it was a struggle.

The good part is that I did learn a lot.  I thought that the pivot tables section was going to be easier, but I was wrong.  I liked seeing how you can take such vast amounts of data and format them into an easier-to-see data package.  I found that roughly 90% of males and females obtained a total average from the start of their exercise to the highest heart rate point of the exercise.  It was also interesting to see how the ages, categorized by a decade, demonstrated a lower or higher performance.

I plan on using excel more often to get better at performing its strengths.  I think that if I become more familiar with it assets, I myself can further my strengths in performing at a higher level for my clients.  As a Public Relations student, I haven't had to use Excel that much, but after this assignment, it makes me want to learn more.  Even though this was not the funnest assignment to date, it was probably the most beneficial to my future.


No comments:

Post a Comment