Sunday, April 22, 2012

Social Media Project (Clear)

I have to say that group work is not my favorite type of project, but I got lucky with the group I was with. They handled the situation professionally and got their parts submitted in a timely manner.

I enjoyed this project because I really enjoyed looking at the social media platforms in an in-depth way to see how a company like Chick-Fil-A used just about everyone of them in a competitive advantage.  Chick-Fil-A is a very popular restaurant that has an amazing brand image and awareness within the United States.  They had some issues a few years ago about gay rights, but used social media to reach their audience quickly to explain their situation.  They stated that they are a Christian company based on Christian values and when they donated to the so-called "hate group" they illustrated that they had no issues with who eats at Chick-Fil-A, they just liked what that organization was pushing.  They had no alliance with the organization and just supplied food for them.  I thought that they used their social media outlets very effectively and to this day, after researching with my group, I recognized why Chick-Fil-A has such a positive image in today's market.

It's pretty amazing how communicating through social media can make things a lot quicker.  I never met the people who I worked with personally, but we connected through those interfaces to get our point across about Chick-Fil-A.

We split the research rather evenly.  I took care of the Facebook and Twitter pages which were both very visual and were maintained by someone with Chick-Fil-A.  Those individuals would tweet back to customers and fans of the brand and even negative posts would be taken into consideration and the employees of the company were very good in catering to those individuals personally.  The sites also gave tons of information about the menu, showed where you can download coupons and made the brand image of Chick-Fil-A a more personal experience.  When individuals have the chance to get connected with a large company on an intimate level, it really improves the brand's image and market to a global audience.

Below are two snapshots of the company's Twitter and Facebook.  It's pretty amazing how they have come so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment